Monday 29 August 2011

Oishi ku nare ♥

On Sunday we had breakfast at Nanoka's, so I got to see what japanese breakfast is like. There was rice, salmon, soup with pickles in, scones, and a few other things but I wasn't sure what they were. It was all nice, except I'm not used to Japanese soup. It's served with nearly every meal I've had so far but I've been struggling to have more than a few sips. I need to start liking it... The four of us headed out to karaoke in Shibuya where we met Hiroaki. It was in a little room with a mix of english and japanese songs. We went to do purikura afterwards. In purikura you all go into a little photo booth and pose a bit, then you go to another booth and decorate the photos. It also changes your skin so it looks nicer and also changes your eyes. Although, it doesn't really pick up western eyes very well so mine are how they look in real life in the photo. (it probably didn't help that i forgot to look at the camera and looked at the screen instead lol) In Shibuya we went to see Hachiko by the train station. This is a statue of a dog that lots of people stand by to wait for their friends if they are meeting up. In 1924, a professor at the university of Tokyo took in a dog called Hachiko as a pet. Everyday after work Hachiko would greet him until May 1924. The professor didn't return that day because he had died, but the dog continued to wait at the station everyday for 9 years!


Tom wanted to see what a maid cafe looked like as well so Hiroaki took us to Akihabara. I was thinking that maybe girls don't really go in, but there were several other mixed tables in there. All the walls were pink with cute things everywhere and all the waitresses were dressed as maids. Whenever they brought out drinks to each table they would have everyone at the table "put a spell" on the drinks so they taste nicer. So in the cafe you kept hearing people saying "moi, moi, nyan, nyan, oishi ku nare!" That place was.. an experience... but I think it's something that tourists should do in Tokyo and this week I'm a tourist!


Nanoka had invited us back for tea so we went back and ate with her family. We had gyouza, fish, beef, and some other things (I'm not sure what they were but they were really nice and I will get better at remembering food names!) Her family are very friendly as well. We had to mainly speak in Japanese. I couldn't follow the whole conversation but I understood more than the day before :D

No comments:

Post a Comment