Monday 22 August 2011

The day after tomorrow!

The summer holiday has gone so quickly! Can't believe I'm actually flying out the day after tomorrow! Since my last post I've nearly got everything sorted to go. I've already had to say bye to a few people :( I said goodbye to Helen on Sunday and had a last few drinks for the year with a few friends last night. Going to miss everyone so much!

A few weeks ago I went to London to get my visa. It was surprisingly quick and easy to get but it did cost £43. To get this I had to take my passport, certificate of eligibility, a passport photo, the visa form and money. It's arrived now, it's pink with little sakura flowers on it and prettier than English passport pages (apart from the photo which is black and white and 10x worse than any passport photo.) I've also bought and half packed a giant suitcase that I can fit in (Yes, I tried) and have tried several times to get the last jab I need for Japan. They won't let me have it because I have a slight cold :S I'm going again for the sixth time to try and get it again tomorrow. This is the first time I've ever wanted a jab!

I've booked a hotel for the first week of being in Japan now. It's at Asagaya station which is about half way between my university and Shinjuku. It's close enough to where other people are staying too so it shouldn't be hard to meet up in that first week- I hope. This is the hotel I'm going to stay in. I found the first picture on google maps. I think it's the hotel anyway- but it says karaoke on a sign outside so I'll have a better look for it when I get there. The second photo kinda looks more like a car park as well, but it looks alright- better than a capsule hotel!



The flight is on Thursday at about 2pm (will have to check the time) from Gatwick. We have an 8 hour flight to Dubai then another 8 hour flight to Narita airport. We only get to wait at Dubai for about an hour in the middle of the night though.

My next post on here will probably be from Japan, so will hopefully be with pictures of Japan and more interesting. I will keep in contact with you through skype and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment