Thursday 4 August 2011

Going to Japan in 3 weeks!!!

This blog is so people at home can find out what's happening on my year in Japan, maybe future year abroad students want to see what happens on a year abroad in Japan, and also so I can look at it later and remember the year abroad (or cringe at what I've written- the reason I deleted my bebo after revisiting it years later :s ).
I haven't had a blog since high school when really there wasn't much to talk about, but now I have something to talk about! I'm going to Japan! At Leeds I'm studying Japanese and French, with that I get a year in Japan. At the start of the year I found out I'm going to ICU in Tokyo with James, Charlie and Sally. So now I've got my visa, booked my flight and found out where I'm going to live. I think all I have to do is pack and go get my last jab :'( before going. Maybe in the last week I'll find a load more things that need to be done before I go, but I hope not!
I'm going to stay in Global House on campus at ICU, which although it was my first choice I was very worried about applying for dorms. The on campus dorms at ICU all tend to have rules that would seem very odd if we had them in uni halls in england. Most of them have a curfew, you're not allowed visitors at any time of day, you must attend monthly meetings about the dorm and share a bedroom. At one of the dorms the only showers they have are communal showers, but according to the leaflet you get used to that....maybe... but at the minute I'd rather not. Luckily, Global house is a dorm with no curfew! and you share each flat unit with two japanese students and one other exchange student, so hopefully it should be helpful to get better at Japanese. The only proper rule it has is that you can't have visitors over night, which I guess is better than a curfew...
Flying over on the 25th (in about 3 weeks! eeee how did it get so soon?! really looking forward to it!!) with Shivvie and Amanda to explore Tokyo a bit and maybe visit Yokohama before starting uni on the 1st of September. So when I get there I will have more to write on here, but for now I need to go to sleep (when did half one in the morning happen?)

No comments:

Post a Comment