Wednesday 15 November 2017

Yokohama 横浜 Jan 2012

When I originally made this blog I was still too busy being a student to keep this up to date, but now I'm trying to go back and write about some of the cool places I visited the various times I lived in Japan. Writing about something I did 5 years ago (wow! really 5 years?!??) might mean that I miss some stuff and end up coming back to these posts later as I remember things.

Yokohama 横浜 Chinese New Year

The time of year that we went meant we had accidentally timed our visit perfectly for New Year celebrations and parades. When we arrived we went straight to the China Town area. There were so many people! We tried on some of the Lion dance heads, then made our way through the busy streets with strings of lanterns overhead to where the parade would take place.
 
 
 
After watching the parade we went to Kantei-byo temple, just off the street where the parade had been. It seemed much more colourful and elaborately decorated than a lot of temples I'd visited. 

 
  In the evening we headed over to the Minato mirai area to see the skyline and take a few purikura.



No comments:

Post a Comment